home latest news
Designers at NZFW 2012
The eagerly awaited announcement is out: the designers showing at NZ Fashion Week 2012 from A to Z - or should that be A La Robe to Zambesi.
There are forty designers listed, but that doesn't mean forty shows - eight are in NZ Weddings Magazine's show, and eleven in Miromoda - the Maori fashion design awards - and Ruby and Liam are listed separately but presented in the one show last year.
Sadly, no World show - but we knew that as they'd announced last year it was too costly to put on their extravaganzas. They will be missed but they hold other sponsored shows such as the Langham hotel one this month for ticket buyers.
It's a bit thin on the Ws all round actually as Workshop (and Helen Cherry) aren't showing, after returning last year in 2011 after an absence with completely fabulous shows. What a shame, we'll miss them too.
Newcomer Katie Maree-Cole isn't showing this year after last year's very pretty debut, but Ingrid Starnes (below) is showing again.
The Aussie in the house this year is Charlie Brown (summer pictured below.)
Plenty of the biggies are there: Stolen Girlfriends Club, Zambesi, Hailwood, Huffer, Cybele, Annah Stretton and Twenty-Seven Names are old hands at the circus, and Trelise Cooper can always be relied upon to fill the Big Top.
Thread always enjoys the New Generation show to view the rising talent, and looks forward to seeing who'll return with a solo show the following year.
So, who is in? Here's the full list...
• A La Robe / Auckland (New Zealand Weddings Magazine show)
• Alma J / Auckland (New Zealand Weddings Magazine show)
• Andrea Moore / Wellington
• Anna Schimmel / Auckland (New Zealand Weddings Magazine show)
• Annah Stretton / Morrinsville
• Arielle Mermin / Tauranga (New Generation)
• Brady / Auckland
• Charlie Brown / Australia
• Christopher Woods-Huia / Auckland (Miromoda)
• Company of Strangers / Dunedin
• Crane Brothers / Auckland (New Zealand Weddings Magazine show)
• Cybele / Auckland
• Daniel K / Auckland (New Generation)
• Deryn Schmidt / Wellington
• Dmonic Intent / Auckland (Miromoda/New Generation)
• Hailwood / Auckland
• Hohepa Thompson / Wellington (Miromoda)
• Huffer / Auckland
• Ingrid Starnes / Auckland
• John Zimmermann / Auckland (New Zealand Weddings Magazine show)
• Juliette Hogan / Auckland
• Koia Gray / Wellington (Miromoda)
• Liam / Auckland
• Marsh Ranginui / Whanganui (Miromoda)
• Michelle Yvette / Auckland (New Zealand Weddings Magazine show)
• Monique Lynch / Auckland (Miromoda)
• Olivia Edington / Wainuiomata (Miromoda)
• Pia Boutique / Auckland (Miromoda)
• Poto Morgan / Ngaruawahia (Miromoda)
• Ruby / Auckland
• Sable and Minx / Auckland
• Sera Lilly / Auckland (New Zealand Weddings Magazine show)
• Shona Tawhiao / Auckland (Miromoda)
• Silence Was… / Auckland (New Generation)
• Stolen Girlfriends Club / Auckland
• Surface Too Deep / Wellington (Miromoda)
• Trelise Cooper / Auckland
• Twenty-Seven Names / Wellington
• Vinka Design / Auckland (New Zealand Weddings Magazine show)
• Zambesi / Auckland
22 July 2012